Strawberry pie recipes don’t get much easier than this one. Frozen strawberries are pureed, then blended with sweetened milk, frozen margarita mix and cool whip to form the filling. Crushed pretzels, sugar, and butter make a sweet and salty crust. The combination is cool, sweet and savory all at once!
Now, the typical frozen strawberry margarita pie has more sugar and more fat than this version. We’re saving both calories and fat here by using unsweetened frozen strawberries instead of strawberries in syrup, low-fat cool whip instead of regular cool whip, and our own homemade sweetened condensed milk. This strawberry margarita pie is just as perfectly sweet and tart as the original, just a bit lighter and healthier.
Serve this frozen strawberry pie at your 4th of July picnic, Father’s Day barbecue or any time you’re in the mood for a refreshing and easy dessert.
Frozen Strawberry Margarita Pie Recipe
- 1-1/4 cups finely-crushed pretzels
- 3 Tbsp. granulated white sugar
- 5 Tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup plus Tbsp. non-fat dry milk
- 3/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 16 oz. frozen unsweetened strawberries, slightly thawed
- 1/2 cup frozen concentrated margarita mix, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups light cool whip (or your favorite frozen non-dairy whipped topping)
Mix crushed pretzels, sugar and melted butter together with a fork. Press firmly into the bottom of a 9-inch pie plate or springform pan. Freeze 15 minutes or until firm.
Meanwhile, whisk together the non-fat dry milk, sugar and boiling water in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat 30-60 seconds in the microwave until the mixture is easy to pour. Set aside.
Place sweetened milk mixture, frozen strawberries, and margarita mix in the work bowl of a food processor fitted with a metal blade. Puree until well blended. Add cool whip and puree until smooth. Pour into prepared pie crust and freeze 4 to 6 hours or until firm.
Makes 10 servings.
Per serving: 330 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 62 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein, 4% vitamin A, 35% vitamin C, 10% calcium, 10% iron
For more cool and healthy dessert recipes, see also:
- Carrot Cake Smoothies
- Chocolate Strawberry Tarts
- Lime Mousse Cool Whip Jello Recipe
- Cool Whip Peanut Butter Frozen Yogurt
- Cool Whip Lemon Mousse
- All-Natural Frozen Key Lime Pie
- Mint Chocolate Chip Frozen Yogurt
- Chocolate Raspberry Smoothies
- Chocolate Cherry Smoothie Recipe
- Secret Ingredient Smoothies (You’ll never guess what the secret ingredient is!)
- Peppermint Angel Food Cake
Low-Fat Ice Cream with Strawberry Dessert Sauce